Group Retirement & Pensions
The best way to attract and retain quality employees is to offer a superior pension or group retirement plan. Studies show that Canadians need help saving, particularly for retirement. As an employer, you can help your workforce save for the future using the most cost-effective savings option available.
Our knowledgeable and experienced team of group retirement specialists can show you affordable plan options that will create loyal long term employees and significantly differentiate your company in the employment landscape.
We help clients throughout the research and selection process which includes:
- Plan Design – We discuss all options and work together to decide on the best group retirement savings plan for your organization.
- Budget – We explore employer funding options (e.g. matching employee contributions) and determine budget impact.
- Soliciting Quotes – We take your plan requirements to the Canadian marketplace of providers.
- Evaluation & Recommendation – We consolidate and evaluate all quotes and then present options to you.
- Selection & Implementation – We help you select a provider and implement the chosen plan including hosting Employee Information Sessions and helping you with administration.
- Ongoing Support - We provide ongoing support and service to answer any questions you and/or your staff may have.
Group Retirement Plan Advantages
- Contributions may be tax-deductible to the sponsoring employer (depends on the type of plan)
- Motivates and engages employees
- Encourages member savings
- Low investment management fees due to pooling of assets
- Access to institutional investment funds
Common Plan Types
- Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan (Group RRSP)
- Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP)
- Defined Contribution Registered Pension Plan (DCRPP)
- Group Tax Free Savings Account (Group TFSA)